Thursday, January 8, 2009

A glimpse...

....Do you ever see the future in a photo? Every so often I will take a picture, and it will give me a peek at the person my child will become. Ava was only about 5 when this picture was taken, but the look captured in it, gives me a sense of maturity. She has always seemed too old for her peers.She is a little grown-up in a kids body. Sometimes Jason and I are too hard on her. I think we forget she is only 7. She shoulders a fair amount of weight, and most of the time she enjoys it.I love these random glimpses of who she is. She is not smiling silly or trying to be someone else. It is just a snapshot of things to come.....in it I see beauty, potential, and intelligence.

Photobucket

3 comments:

maynard said...

i can't imagine my life without her or anyone of the kids. ava brings so much joy into my heart and everyone she meets. she is an inspiration already at such a young age. i am a blessed man!

The Wife said...

She's a beautiful little girl.

Zombie said...

She is a perfect mix between both of you. She is a pretty kid.