Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Truth of Understanding

I understand nothing.

That is my truth.

I cannot argue what I dont understand.

You will not convince me that you are capable of true understanding either.

I love Seinfeld, I can quote just about every episode. My favorite lines always come from Elaine. I identify with a fiesty woman who can hold her own in a group of men. In one episode, she is asked what she means ....her reply is...."That means..... whatever you think it means"

Whatever you think it means.....hmmmm how true.

The older I get, the more I realize that is all anything means.

Whatever we think it means.

We are constantly forming theories. So what do we have to show for all of our efforts? Not much...we still come to the conclusion that it all means.......

Whatever we think it means..

So what does it all mean?

Dont ask me......I only know what I understand.

1 comment:

James stewart said...

to be moldable and adaptable in situations is a fundamental key in situations. for instance one person might tell you that you SHOULD do something one way and another may have a differnt way of doing something. If God is in us than he lives through us not as a means but as a way to bring glory to himself. thats why living in Spirit and in Truth is something worth investigating. jesus spoke about this to the woman he met at the well!
good blog God bless