Friday, November 7, 2008

A friend...

A true friend loves in times of trouble, rejoices in times of celebration and listens in times of confusion. Proximity can spark a friendship,but it will rarely sustain one. People lead busy lives, and even the seemingly best friendships can slowly fade away. I am blessed to have a friend, a true friend. We grew up together, got married together and had babies together. She has witnessed it all. Time and space now separate us, but I love her today as I always have. I cheer her success's and weep for her sorrows.

I miss her.....

Our lives have become increasingly full.Lately we rarely talk, but I know she is there. She will always be there,because she is a part of me,a witness of my life and I of hers. A true friend becomes an extension our yourself. There is power in the knowledge of another persons soul. When we surrender ourselves to another, we forever link our hearts. We become vulnerable and exposed.

Time and experience have taught me to caution the use of the term "friend". I have three little girls who watch my every move, and question every choice I make. My relationships will help them form friendships of their own. I will teach them that loyalty, compassion, and a listening ear are qualities you look for in a friend. A friend should never judge, but should still be able to give an honest answer when necessary. My wish for them is a friend like mine...timeless, and beautiful,through time and space she will always be my first and only true friend.

No comments: